Friday, November 29, 2013

Trivial Thought God's Antithesis: Revisited

In one of my earlier posts, I attempted to determine God's antithesis, the direct opposite of the Christian God. What could possibly be the polar opposite of God in every aspect?  If you read the blog, you will see that I didn't get very far.  I did root out the problem, however: I was being too specific.

I was also making another big mistake: I assumed that God actually had an antithesis.  I have since found out that He does not.

The Perks of Being Maximally Great:

If God exists, then He must exist as a maximally great being.  To have maximal greatness, you must be superior to all other things in every respect.  You must be supremely perfect.  From this, you must conclude that if God exists, then He must be omniscient, omnipresent, causeless, timeless, and morally perfect.  His existence is therefore also necessary.

There is no antithesis to a maximally great being; only entities that are not maximally great.  That is to say, anything that is not maximally great could be a potential antithesis to a maximally great being.  One could propose that nothing is God's antithesis, but since absolute nothingness cannot logically exist, then it cannot be said to be God's antithesis.  It would be more appropriate to say that not anything is God's antithesis.

Looking back on my previous post on this topic, it was rather embarrassing.

No comments:

Post a Comment